Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Puff the MAgic Dragon

I often get distracted when ordering costumes and today was no different. I was happily ordering christmas costumes, robins, santa beards and other seasonal costumes. But i was soon side tracked and started to think back to my child hood  and puff the magic dragon music popped into my head. and very soon I was stocking a very unseasonal dragon costume! I also looked into puff the magic dragon and came up with these interesting facts.
Puff, the Magic Dragon" is a Song written by  leonard Lipton and peter Yarrow
The lyrics tell a story of the ageless dragon Puff and his playmate Jackie Paper, a little boy who grows up and loses interest in the imaginary adventures of childhood and leaves Puff alone and depressed. The story of the song takes place "by the sea" in the fictional land of Honalee.

During the Viethnam War  the Ac -47 Spooky  gunship was nicknamed "Puff the Magic Dragon", after the song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuvq4Ziw34

No comments:

Post a Comment